Department Copy Cards and Print Plan Deposits
We offer department copy cards so departments can use the copiers and printers in all libraries on campus.
Procedure for UNC One Card Departmental Copy & Print Plan Deposits
- Log into Finance Central
- Select “Inbox” and “Start”
- Select “Journal Entry” from the dropdown box
- Select “Deposits & Accounts Receivable”
- Select either “Departmental One Card Deposits” or “Print Plan Deposits”
- Fill in the journal entry with all required data
- Choose “One Card Approvals” Routing
- Submit for Approval
The One Card approval routing will ensure that the document will follow the path of going to the One Card Office first for their approval/processing and then routed to Auxiliary Services Accounting for final approval.
Door and Building Access
The UNC One Card Office offers several different types of online secure door access. Our door access readers make it possible for departments to manage their own access and only allow designated people to use those readers after hours and weekends. We can also put schedules on doors so they automatically unlock and lock down each day. Please contact the UNC One Card Office Director at 919-962-2410 for more information.
If a Department has a need for an access card for work by a contractor after hours or on weekends, the following policy is to be followed:
Door Access Policy for Short-term Access
We will issue Building Access Cards to contractors for special projects by the authority and sponsorship of the Department where the work is being done. We will gather all required information from the contractor and enter that into our One Card Database for tracking purposes.
- When a department is in need of special work by a contractor during off hours and weekends, they may require the contractor to have a Building Access Card that can control the electronic access to the building that is controlled by the One Card Office rather than issue a key to that contractor.
- We will send a form to the department to fill in our needed criteria for the contractor.
- In addition to the form the department must contact the One Card Office via email to authorize the contractor to have a card issued.
- Then they can send the contractor to the One Card Office to receive the access card.
- The One Card Office will gather the following information from the contractor (either in person from the contractor or by the form from the department) to be put into the One Card Database:
- First and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Local Address will be the sponsoring department (include sponsor’s name if possible)
- Classification will be “Access Card”
- Expiration Date – no longer than 1 month.
- A photo will be printed on the card.
- We will charge $5 for the card so either the department can pay or the individual.
- We will provide the department with the ID number we issued to the contractor so they can then add the appropriate access group to the card.
Special Card Design and Production
The One Card Office can produce special cards for departments hosting visitors or other special occasions. The department may arrange to have funds set up on these cards, and the cards may be set to expire at a certain date or time if needed. Card prices are $5 each. Please contact the One Card Office Manager at 919-962-8024 for more information.
The One Card Office has produced ID badges for numerous university departments. Badges are custom designed for each individual department and may contain your department logo or other artwork of you choice.
|Badge Design Setup Fee||$50||Samples||Must be paid upfront via AJ1 form|
|Price per Badge (original and replacements)||$5 + additional charges (at the discretion of the Office Manager or Assistant Manager) for complex formats or card types||Basic layout such as department name, individual name, department graphic, expiration date (if desired), a message (if desired), and a color photo (if desired) of the person whose name is on the badgeLanyard, clip or plastic badge holder||Payable upon delivery|
|Photo Import Charge||$25 + additional charge for using your own photos instead of taking them on-site||Payable upon delivery|
|Badge Design Change Fee (for making changes to the existing badge design)||$25||Payable upon delivery|
Please contact the One Card Office Manager at 919-962-8024 for more information.