The UNC One Card Office administers meal plans for Carolina Dining Services. You can find specific meal plan information such as prices and meal plan types on the Carolina Dining Services website or by calling 1-800-UNC-MEAL. All incoming and returning students who will be living on campus should receive a packet of meal plan information in the mail, at their home address, during May or June for the upcoming annual meal plan sign up. To request an information packet please contact Carolina Dining Services. Please refer to the appropriate Carolina Dining Services brochure for exact dates. For all meal plan policies, please refer to the Carolina Dining Services website. If your need more information or have any questions, call the UNC One Card Office at 919-962-8024 or Carolina Dining Services at 1-800-UNC-MEAL.
How to Sign Up
You can sign up for your annual meal plan through the UNC One Card website. Once you chose your meal plan it will be billed to you on your student account with the UNC Cashier’s Office. The charges will appear on your student account within two business days, but your meal plan will be available for immediate use. Your meal plan will reside on your One Card account and can be accessed with your One Card when the meal plan begins. Check your Dining brochure for actual beginning dates or go to dining.unc.edu.
If you need more information or have any questions, call Carolina Dining Services at 1-800-UNC-MEAL.
If you are a student who will be receiving financial aid or scholarships to cover the cost of your meal and flex plans then here is what you need to do:
- Sign up for your meal plan by visiting the meal plan screen. Your meal plan and flex will be available to you when the plan is scheduled to begin.* You do not have to wait until your bill is paid to use your plan.
- Once you order your meal plan the charges will be sent to your student account at the Cashier’s Office and sent to you on the next billing cycle.
- As your aid or scholarships come in they will apply towards your student account so your meal plan will and all other charges will be paid.
- Any balance pending after all aid or scholarships have been paid are your responsibility to pay.
There are many Dining Services locations on campus to meet your needs. Using your UNC One Card, you can access your meal plan, flex, or convenience account to purchase food.
Carolina Dining Locations
- Lenoir Hall featuring Top of Lenoir and Mainstreet
- Rams Head Dining Center featuring Starbucks
- Rams Head Market featuring Subway
- Alpine Bagel – Student Union
- The Beach – Brinkhous Bullitt Bldg
- McColl Cafe – Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Tar Heal Cafe – Thurston Bowles Bldg
- Common Grounds – Graham Memorial
Carolina Snack Units
- The Law Bar – Van Hecke-Wettach Hall
- Blue Ram – Campus YMCA
- Atrium Cafe – Hooker Research Center
- ACC Express – Adjacent to the Ambulatory Care Center
- Business Thyme Cafe – Administrative Office Bldg
Specialty Coffee Shops
- Global Cup Cafe – Fedex Global Education Center
- Friends Cafe – Health Sciences Library