Get My Card
Welcome Tar Heel!
Your UNC One Card will get you started on your journey here at Carolina. The One Card is a multipurpose identification card that also serves as a card for library and meal plan use, building access, copy and print services and access to campus events.
All One Card recipients must come to the UNC One Card Office in person and present proper identification for card issuance. Please be aware that a card fee may apply. See additional directions below for more information and restrictions.
Obtaining Your Card
You must be a part of the Carolina Community (Faculty, Staff, enrolled Student, or Affiliate).
*If you are not sure about the status of your paperwork, contact your HR representative or call the UNC One Card Office to see if you are in the appropriate system.
Follow these Steps (Please follow steps in order)
- Make sure that you have DUO set up, otherwise you won’t be able to login.
- Electronically sign the One Card Use Agreement (After e-signing, please wait 30 minutes before you can upload your photo)
- Upload your valid picture ID – Driver’s License, State ID Card, Military ID or Passport (this must be completed before the upload button for your ID and new One Card photo is activated).
- Upload your One Card photo. The One Card photo must follow the photo requirements (These are required to be jpgs and between 150 and 600 pixels; please do not alter or modify your photo, it will not be accepted.)
- Download and Set Up the UNC GET App. This app is for viewing meal plan and account balances, ordering meals, and loading funds to your Carolina Convenience Accounts.
- Where to get your One Card: 3rd Floor of Student Stores Building. Please make sure that you bring a Driver’s License, Passport or Military ID.
Students! While you are here…
- UNC GET App
- See your balances, use your One Card access, mark your card lost or stolen, or add funds.
- Meal Plan Portal
- Add, cancel, or change your meal plan online. Meal plans are loaded on to One Cards when the semester starts.
- Wells Fargo UNC Debit Card
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Wells Fargo have teamed up to offer you optional banking convenience with the custom-designed UNC Debit Card, exclusively for Tar Heels. Use it for your day-to-day financial needs on and off campus when it’s linked to a Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account. Enjoy no-fee access to Wells Fargo ATMs nationwide. Make everyday purchases and pay bills at participating retailers and service providers. Take advantage of this optional benefit today.
|User Type||First Card||Replacement Card|
|Full-Time Students||Included in Student Fee||$10.00|
|Classroom Studies, Part-Time Students||$10.00||$10.00|
|Faculty and Staff (Full Time/Permanent)||Included with Employment||$10.00|
|Temporary Employees (Adjunct, Postdoc, etc)||$10.00||$10.00|
|Affiliates||$10.00 or by departmental agreement||$10.00|