UNC Debit Card
Now offering the UNC Debit Card
Wells Fargo Bank is now offering a UNC Debit Card available to current students, faculty and staff. Visit Wells Fargo’s Service Center in the Pit for more information.
Wells Fargo may provide financial support to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for services associated with the UNC Debit Card.
Frequently Asked Questions About the UNC Debit Card
- Where can I get a UNC Debit Card?
- Unlike the UNC One Card, UNC Debit Cards are only available from a Well Fargo branch. You must have an account with Wells Fargo to receive a UNC Debit Card. For more information, visit their website or the Wells Fargo Office on the second floor of UNC Student Stores.
- How does the card work?
- You may use the UNC Debit Card everywhere VISA cards are accepted.
- Is this required at UNC-Chapel Hill?
- No, but it is an option for current students, faculty and staff and offers benefits that differ from a Wells Fargo debit account. For more information on the benefits, visit their website.
- What if my card is lost or stolen?
- Contact Wells Fargo (800-869-3557) as soon as possible.
- How many customers with linked accounts did UNC have with Wells Fargo for the 2018-2019 award year and what was their mean (average) and median costs?
- UNC-Chapel Hill had 4,683 student customers with linked accounts during the most recently completed award year. The mean (average) cost of the accounts was $27.71 and the median cost was $4.12.
- What was the total amount of consideration that the University received from Wells Fargo under this agreement in the 2018-2019 award year?
- For the award year of 2018-2019, UNC-Chapel Hill received $560,000, broken into $550,000 in royalties and $10,000 in marketing.
- Why did UNC-Chapel Hill decide to separate the ID badge from the Wells Fargo debit account?
- By separating the two, it will be even easier for the University and Wells Fargo to protect personal information. Additionally, it would cost students more for chip technology to be added to the current UNC One Card. By separating the two cards, UNC-Chapel Hill is keeping tuition affordable and maintaining standards of protecting personal information.
- What happened to the Wells Fargo One Card Plus?
- The UNC One Card Plus is no longer available. All current cards will expire at the date provided on the One Card Plus.
Contracts and Disclosures
The Department of Education’s (ED) Cash Management regulations 34 CFR 668.164(d)(4)(i)(B)(2) (issued October 2015), require institutions participating in T2 (Campus Card) arrangements to list and identify the major features and commonly assessed fees as well as a URL for the terms and conditions of each financial account offered under the arrangement.